Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 cups (total) root vegetables: Potato, parsnip, carrot, sweet potato, squash
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Welch’s 100% White Grape Juice made with Niagara grapes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- reheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into uniform size. Any single vegetable or combination may be used.
- Spread olive oil on bottom of roasting pan.
- Toss vegetables with Welch’s white grape juice, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once. Roasting creates and intense vegetable flavor.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve as a side dish.
Note: by tossing vegetables with juice instead of oil it cuts back on oil significantly. The vegetables may not have a moist appearance. If desired, once roasted vegetables can be drizzled with a bit of olive oil.
Adding onion always adds flavor to the blend. Adding fresh or canned tomatoes helps create a sauce. Some vegetables cook more quickly than others, so you may want to stagger them when in combination.
*This recipe can also be cooked on the stovetop. Vegetables will have an interesting sweet flavor.
Nutrition Per Serving:
88 calories, 5 g fat, <1 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 2 g fiber