Special Corn Muffins
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 T. sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 T. shortening, melted
- 12 tsp. Welch's Grape Jelly or Jam
- Sift cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Combine beaten egg, milk and melted shortening and stir into dry mixture. Fill greased muffin pans 1/3 full of batter.
- Place 1 teaspoon of grape jelly or jam on top of batter in each muffin cup, and cover with remaining batter so that cups are not more than 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425ºF about 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.