Grape Glazed Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- In a small cup, stir together 2 Tablespoons of the grape juice and the cornstarch.
- Bring one quart of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add the carrots and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Drain well.
- In the same saucepan, heat the remaining grape juice, sugar, and balsamic vinegar until boiling. Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the juice. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce returns to the simmer and thickens.
- Add the carrots and stir until coated. Pour into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pistachios. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Per Serving:
140 calories, 2.5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 2g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 0mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 3g fiber