- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Sugar or honey to taste
- 1/2 cup Welch's Sparkling Red Grape Juice Cocktail (made from Concord grapes)
- Chilled fresh strawberry and lemon slices for garnish
- Combine strawberries, cream, lemon juice, and lemon peel; blend until smooth. Sweeten to taste with sugar or honey. Chill thoroughly. Stir in sparkling grape juice. Serve in stemmed glasses or small bowls. Garnish with strawberry and lemon slices. Makes four 1/2 cup servings.
- Recipe courtesy of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation and the National Grape Cooperative.