Broiled Grape French Toast
This twist on classic French toast features the one-of-a-kind Concord grape and makes for a tasty and heart-healthy start to the morning.
- Turn broiler on high with the top rack approximately 6-8 inches from the top. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, grape juice and vanilla together. One by one, dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture until soaked through and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the red grapes on the baking sheet around the bread. Place in the oven and broil until the tops of the bread are golden, about 3 minutes. Turn over the slices of bread and continue to broil an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the bread is golden.
- Remove the French toast from the pan. Return the grapes to the oven and continue broiling an additional 5 minutes.
- Service the French toast topped with broiled grapes.
Serving suggestion: Drizzle with pure maple syrup, if desired. Heart-Check certification does not apply to serving suggestion.
Recipe Created by: Brittany Poulson, MS, RDN, CDE