Grape Glazed Carrots
This easy-to-make side dish is a great way to spice up your carrots.
- In a small cup, stir together 2 tbsp of the grape juice and the cornstarch.
- Bring one quart of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the carrots and salt to the water. Cook for 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Drain well and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, heat the remaining grape juice, sugar, and balsamic vinegar until boiling. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stirring constantly, simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the carrots and stir until coated. Pour into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pistachios and serve immediately.
- 1 ½ cups Welch's 100% Grape Juice
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp cornstarch
- 8 medium carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted pistachios