Harvest Salad with Light Grape Vinaigrette
Welch’s Light White Grape adds a subtle sweetness to this salad that complements the crisp tart granny smith apple and savory Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, cheese, apples, and pecans.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mustard, Welch's light white grape juice and vinegar; stir in garlic. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil in a slow, steady, thin stream until dressing is thickened.
- To serve, dress salad lightly (2 tbsp per serving), toss to coat, adding more dressing if desired.
- 4 cups mesclun blend lettuce
- 6 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup Welch’s Light White Grape Juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil