Poached Pears in Grape Juice
A fun take on poached pears in wine! This version is kid friendly, but also has a beautiful presentation that can work for a dinner party.
- In a medium saucepan bring the Welch's 100% grape juice, cinnamon and orange rind to a boil.
- Place the pears upright with the stem on top into the saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Make sure to keep the pears moist by spooning the juice over them as they simmer.
- Remove pears from the sauce, reserve and cool completely.
- Simmer the remaining sauce and reduce it to about 1/3 of a cup. Remove from heat and cool. Drizzle the sauce over the pears when ready to serve and garnish with whipped cream or vanilla pudding.