Roasted Acorn Squash and Grapes with Walnuts
A seasonal side dish that's nutritious and easy to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place squash quarters in a baking dish with the skin side down.
- Place spices, Welch's grapes and nuts in a bowl or zip lock bag and toss until spices cover the nuts and grapes.
- Place grape mixture into the wells of the squash quarters, allowing the additional grape mixture to run over the sides into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour Welch's 100% grape juice slowly over the top of the squash, filling the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place uncovered baking dish in the hot oven and roast until squash is soft and the grapes are roasted, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven. To serve, spoon warm grape juice over the top of the squash quarters.
Recipe Created by: Mary Kimbrough, RD, LD; and Robin Plotkin, RD, LD