Roasted Fennel, Pear and Arugula Salad with Balsamic-Grape Dressing
Packing your plate with heart-healthy produce just got tastier with this salad dressed with the goodness of 100% grape juice.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small, rimmed baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over fennel and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, turn fennel over, add pear cut side up and bake for another 15 minutes or until fennel is tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Thinly slice fennel and dice pear.
- Combine arugula and onion in a large bowl. Add fennel and pear, and toss gently.
- Toss salad with half the dressing.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side
Recipe Created by: Diane Henderiks, RD
For the Dressing
- ½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup kefir, low-fat, plain
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Lime Ponzu Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (1/16 tsp each)
For the Salad
- 5 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pear, cored and quartered (about 1 cup)
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds