- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Chill Time: 2 hrs
- Total Time: 2 hr 35 min
- 2 cups Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tsp fresh lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, fine grated
- 1 ½ cups fresh green grapes, seedless, washed and stems removed
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ blackberries, washed
- 3-5 fresh green grapes, seedless, on stem
- Place grape juice in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium low. Allow juice to simmer on low until reduced by half about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the lime juice, zest and ginger into the warm grape juice. Pour juice into a container, cover and refrigerate. Prepare in advance to allow flavors to combine and for juice to cool.
- In a trifle bowl or clear container, layer the fruit starting with the grapes, pineapple, strawberries and cantaloupe, ending with the blackberries.
- Pour the chilled grape, ginger and lime syrup over fruit, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Syrup will color the fruit purple and create a bolder flavor the longer the fruit sits in the syrup. Serve chilled.
Nutrition per Serving
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- 140 calories
- 2g fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 252mg sodium
- 24g carbohydrates
- 0.5g fiber
- 19g sugar
- 1g Protein
Recipe Contributed by
Mary Kimbrough, RD, LD; and Robin Plotkin, RD, LD