Chicken Tacos with Tomato and Grape Juice Salsa
- Place corn tortillas in a 200° F oven to warm.
- While tortillas are warming, in a small saucepan stir together salsa, grape juice and cumin. Heat gently until warmed throughout. Remove from heat. Add lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Remove corn tortillas from oven. Top each tortilla with mixed greens. Add chicken. Spoon salsa over the chicken. Add cilantro, if desired.
Serving suggestion: Serve tacos with 1/2 cup black beans and 1/2 cup brown rice for a balanced meal. Sauce can also be served over flank steak, fajita meat or rice for added flavor. Heart-Check certification does not apply to serving suggestions.
Recipe Created by: Robin Plotkin, RD, LD
For the Tacos
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups dark mixed greens
- 1 ½ cups tomato and grape juice salsa
- Cilantro, if desired
For the Salsa
- ¾ cup low-sodium salsa
- ¾ cup Welch's 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
Serving Size: 1 taco with 3 tbsp salsa
- 138 calories
- 2g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 46mg sodium
- 41mg cholesterol
- 15g carbohydrates
- 15g protein
- 2g fiber
- 2g sugar
Heart-Check certification does not apply to information reached through links unless expressly stated.