Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with a Concord Grape Sauce
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 23 - 24 min
This savory and juicy coffee-rubbed pork tenderloin is topped with a sweet, dark purple Concord grape sauce for a balanced dish that’s also good for your heart!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the pork rub ingredients (espresso powder through dry mustard) together in a small bowl to make the rub. Coat the pork medallions evenly with the rub.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork to the skillet and pan-fry on all sides for a total of 2 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Concord grape sauce. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat and blister the grapes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grape juice and balsamic vinegar, and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer until reduced by half.
- Cut pork into 8 slices and serve drizzled with the Concord grape sauce.
Recipe Created by: Sarah-Jane Bedwell, RD, LDN
For the Coffee-Rubbed Pork
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon dry mustard
For the Concord Grape Sauce
- ½ cup red seedless grapes
- ½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup chicken stock
Serving Size: 2 pork slices with ¼ cup Concord grape sauce
- 234 calories
- 7g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 241mg sodium
- 75mg cholesterol
- 17g carbohydrates
- 26g protein
- 1g fiber
- 10g sugar
Heart-Check certification does not apply to information reached through links unless expressly stated.