Grape and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min Total Time: 25 min
Kids will love this purple stuffed chicken. The bright color from Welch’s Reduced Sugar Grape Spread is sure to have even the pickiest eaters in your family enjoying mealtime.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a slit horizontally through each chicken breast to make a pocket for the stuffing. In a small bowl, mix together Welch's Reduced Sugar Grape Jelly, goat's cheese, toasted walnut pieces and cinnamon. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper. Divide the stuffing between chicken breasts.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and sear until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Add to the oven with the asparagus to finish cooking, about 12 minutes more.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. To serve, divide rice and asparagus between plates and top with Grape & Goat's Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- 4 – 3 oz. chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Welch's Reduced Sugar Concord Grape Jelly
- ¼ cup goat's cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp toasted walnut pieces
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice, for serving
- salt and pepper
Serving Size: 1 prepared chicken breast
- 415 calories
- 11.5g fat
- 5.6g saturated fat
- 64mg cholesterol
- 478mg sodium
- 23.7g carbohydrates
- 2.8g fiber
- 5.3g sugar
- 28.7g protein