Grape Tart with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
Serves: 10 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 25 min Total Time: 45 min
Kids and adults will love this sweet tart topped with creamy peanut butter whipped topping. This is an unexpected twist on the classic PB&J!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients; stir until completely combined. Add crust mixture to a 9 or 10-inch tart pan. Using your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup evenly spread the graham cracker mixture to cover the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Transfer the piecrust into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk to just below a simmer. In a bowl, whisk together the Welch's 100% Grape Juice, egg yolks, granulated sugar, cornstarch, flour, vanilla, and orange zest until smooth. Temper the eggs, by whisking a little hot milk into the mixing bowl. Once combined, gradually whisk in the remaining hot milk. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and simmer for 5-8 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool the grape custard for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, spread the grape custard evenly in the cooled tart shell. Arrange the grape halves, cut side down, in a single layer on top of the custard. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Make the Peanut Butter Whipped Cream by combining the peanut butter and heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl and whipping on low speed until thick, about 5 minutes. To serve, melt Welch's Concord Grape Jelly. Using a pastry brush, carefully brush the grapes with the jelly. Serve with a dollop of Peanut Butter Whipped Cream.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Serving Size: 1/8 tart with 2 tbsp whipped cream
- 319 calories
- 18g fat
- 5.7g saturated fat
- 67.6mg cholesterol
- 173mg sodium
- 35.3g carbohydrates
- 4.8g fiber
- 16g sugar
- 7g protein