Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 25 min
Kids will love this breakfast take on the classic PB&J! Any bread can be used, but we especially love the thick slices of challah because of its soft texture.
- Preheat oven to 200° F. In a large bowl, lightly beat together the milk, eggs and cinnamon. In a separate small bowl stir together peanut butter and icing sugar.
- Put a dollop of peanut butter icing sugar mixture in the center of four (4) pieces of challah, then add a dollop of Welch’s Concord Grape Jam on top. Top each piece of challah with another piece of challah to seal the PB&J inside.
- Carefully dip peanut butter-stuffed challah on both sides in the milk mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted and frothy add challah in batches. Cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer cooked French toast to a wire rack set on a baking sheet. Keep cooked French toast warm in oven and continue to cook remaining French toast.
- Divide PB&J French toast between plates and top with icing sugar and maple syrup.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 8 thick slices challah
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- ¼ cup Welch’s Concord Grape Jam
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
Serving Size: 1 piece French Toast
- 419.2 calories
- 8.5g fat
- 2.5g saturated fat
- 25mg cholesterol
- 125mg sodium
- 71.9g carbohydrates
- 7.3g fiber
- 31.9g sugar
- 18g protein