Roasted Acorn Squash and Grapes with Walnuts
- 4 Total Servings
- 1 hr Cook Time
- 15 min Prep Time
- 1 hr
15 min Total Time
A seasonal side dish that's nutritious and easy to prepare.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in quarters, seeds and stem removed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ground red pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Welch's red seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp raw chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- 130 calories
- 2g fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 2g protein
- 28g carbohydrates
- 0mg cholesterol
- 250mg sodium
- 2g fiber
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place squash quarters in a baking dish with the skin side down.
- Place spices, Welch's grapes and nuts in a bowl or zip lock bag and toss until spices cover the nuts and grapes.
- Place grape mixture into the wells of the squash quarters, allowing the additional grape mixture to run over the sides into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour Welch's 100% grape juice slowly over the top of the squash, filling the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place uncovered baking dish in the hot oven and roast until squash is soft and the grapes are roasted, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven. To serve, spoon warm grape juice over the top of the squash quarters.
Recipe Created by: Mary Kimbrough, RD, LD; and Robin Plotkin, RD, LD