Sweet-and-Spicy BBQ Pork Skewers
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Chill Time: 30 min Total Time: 50 min
Firing up the grill? These zesty skewers offer a heart-healthy option – without sacrificing an ounce of flavor.
- Stir together Welch's 100% white grape juice, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, Five-Spice powder and half of the pepper. Place pork in resealable plastic bag; add grape juice mixture. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Toss together bok choy, olive oil and remaining pepper. Thread pork and bok choy evenly onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
- Heat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Cook skewers, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is grill-marked and internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
Serving suggestion: Serve skewers with steamed brown rice or a fresh salad. Heart-Check certification does not apply to serving suggestions.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Welch’s 100% White Grape Juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sriracha hot sauce
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) Chinese Five-Spice powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper, divided
- 1 uncooked pork tenderloin (1 lb/500 g), trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 8 mini baby bok choy
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- 261 calories
- 8g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 267mg sodium
- 83mg cholesterol
- 15g carbohydrates
- 33g protein
- 2g fiber
- 12g sugar
Heart-Check certification does not apply to information reached through links unless expressly stated.