EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020
1. Information We Collect and How
We may collect information that identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your device (“personal information”) when you use our website, welchs.com (“the Site”). In particular, we collect (and have for the last 12 months) several categories of personal information from consumers, from several sources:
- Consumer Inquiries. When you submit an inquiry through the “Contact Us” page on our Site, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Applicants for Employment. When you submit an application for employment, we collect the information you provide on your resume and other application materials, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, education, and employment history. You may choose to share additional information like your ethnic background, age, disability, sex/gender, or veteran status.
- General Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
Information That Is Passively Collected When You Use The Site
Our web servers and third party analytics tools automatically collect usage information and general device location when you visit and use the Site. This may include information on your interaction with the Site such as the pages you visit and features you access. It also may include information about your computer or device such as IP address, browser type, operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and general location information (depending on your browser/device settings).
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided, for instance to respond to your inquiry or consider your job application;
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To administer our Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that consent is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Site;
- To keep our Site safe and secure;
- For testing, research, analysis and product development;
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, or others;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations; and
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
3. Sharing Personal Information
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for some or all of the business purposes noted above:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Employment application information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, education, and employment history.
- Site usage or other electronic network activity information, such as IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, and device identifiers.
We have disclosed this personal information in conjunction with our business operations to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers, including those who provide IT, call center, advertising, job listing, hiring, or recruiting services.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may also disclose your personal information to a prospective purchaser/partner (or their agents).
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
4. Consumer Rights
Right to Know
Right to Access
You have the right to access the specific pieces of personal information which we hold about you. You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another entity (“data portability”).
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
Welch’s does not sell personal information within the meaning of the CCPA.
Right to Deletion
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information. Upon verifying your request, we will delete your personal information from our records, and instruct any service providers to delete your information, as directed by CCPA. Note that deletion requests are subject to several exceptions, such as where you have an open account or order, or where we are required to keep information under applicable law.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
6. Exercising Your Rights
You can exercise any of your rights as described in this policy and under data privacy laws by submitting request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-340-6870.
- Visiting the “Contact Us” page of our Site www.welchs.com.
Only you or your authorized agent may make a request related to your personal information. You also may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may make a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. So that we can verify your request, you must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you are an authorized representative. This includes information such as your name, email, and residential address.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
7. Response and Timing
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within the time required by applicable law. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide also will explain the reasons we cannot fulfill a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your request warrants a fee, we will let you know that and why, and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
8. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
9. Contact Information
Postal Address: Welch Foods Inc.
Attn: Consumer Request Liaison
300 Baker Avenue, Suite 101
Concord, MA 01742