Grape Pie Pops
- 14 Total Servings
- 20 min Cook Time
- 20 min Prep Time
- 40 min Total Time
Pie pops are a creative dessert idea and make great birthday party favors.
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup Welch's Natural Concord Grape Spread
- ½ cup Concord grapes, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tbsp milk
- raw sugar, for sprinkling
Serving Size: 1 pie pop
- 194 calories
- 5.2g fat
- 1.7g saturated fat
- 39mg cholesterol
- 78mg sodium
- 24.5g carbohydrates
- 0.2g fiber
- 14g sugar
- 0.9g protein
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, granulated sugar, and butter until butter is reduced to pea-sized pieces. Mix in water until dough holds together when pinched. Shape into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss Welch's Natural Grape Spread with chopped Concord grapes; set aside.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is less than a ¼-inch thick. Use a 2 ½-inch cookie cutter to cut out dough circles. Transfer dough circles to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press a lollipop or ice pop stick into each dough circle and pinch the dough to cover the stick. Repeat 6 more times.
- In the center of each of the seven dough circles add a small spoonful of the grape mixture. Cut seven more dough circles and arrange them on top of the filling.
- Use a lollipop stick or a fork to decoratively crimp the edges of the pie pops to keep the filling from falling out during baking. Brush each of the pie pops with the egg mixture, and sprinkle with raw sugar. Use a sharp knife to pierce the top of each pie pop.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
These pie pops can be assembled ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months before being baked and served for guests.