Grape and Cheddar Salad with Grape Yogurt Dressing
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min Total Time: 25 min
Simple salads like this grape and cheddar salad are perfect additions to a busy weeknight routine.
- To make the dressing, pour the grape juice into a saucepan. Turn on the burner and bring to a boil. Simmer the juice on medium heat and reduce it to a couple of tablespoons, about 4 minutes. Syrup will be thick and bubbly. Using a spatula, transfer the syrup to a small bowl and place in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes.
- When fully cooled, remove from the freezer and whisk in yogurt, vinegar and mustard until the dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Divide the salad greens and halved grapes between 2 dinner plates. Drizzle some of dressing over each salad and top with cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Recipe created by: Cabot Creamery Cooperative
For the Dressing
- ½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- ¼ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 3 cups fresh baby greens — such as arugula, romaine or spinach (washed and spun)
- 1 cup red or green seedless grapes, washed and halved
- ⅓ cup (about 1 oz.) reduced-fat sharp cheddar, shredded
Serving Size: 1/2 salad recipe with 1.5 tbsp dressing
- 140 calories
- 2g fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 5mg cholesterol
- 140mg sodium
- 25g carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
- 18.6g sugar
- 9g protein